This registered charity's mission is to provide access to credit and other financial services for those excluded from mainstream financial services and who would otherwise fall prey to predatory lenders.
The business is operated on a not-for-profit basis, interest and fees paid on finance is used to cover costs and not to provide dividends for shareholders, and surpluses are used to provide additional loans for people.
This is an exciting new role for someone to support their compliance function. Reporting directly into the CEO and Audit & Risk Committee your key areas of responsibility will be:
It's an opportunity to work within fast paced environment for an innovative company that is passionate about making a positive difference to people's lives.
- Identify and evaluate key risks highlighted through external audits, FCA/industry communications and through individual notification
- Review and maintain the compliance training requirements of the group
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of a regular compliance monitoring programme
- Advise line managers and staff on the scope and implications of the regulation, legislation and the organisation's compliance policies
- Train and support staff to company operating procedures
- Assist in maintaining effective interactions and reporting into FCA and other regulatory bodies
- Perform any other duties as requested
- Ensure that all compliance monitoring and quality assurance reviews are completed on time
- Prepare documents for Executive Management and the Audit & Compliance Committee
- You will be a Compliance professional with a minimum of 2 years experience within the Financial Services sector.
- Excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Passionate about working for a social enterprise and making a positive difference
Hours of work: Mon to Sat (35 hours)
Pension: Company Pension Scheme
Holidays: 33 days per annum (including statutory holidays).