Analyst - Advanced Analytics
Analyst - Advanced Analytics
As a Barclays Advanced Analytics Analyst working within the Global Workforce Management and Management information (MI) function, you'll be providing end to end workforce management from long term strategic forecasting to intraday management, MI, operational analytics and data science across the Barclays group. You'll also be responsible for delivering the full suite of data products required in order to both drive strategic decision making agenda as well as run the day to day business of Barclays' contact centres around the world.
The MI and Analytics team currently support over 10,000 colleagues in various contact centres across 40 global locations, assisting them with their data needs; all the way to creating bespoke predictive modelling through data science.
As an Advanced Analytics Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Responsibility of generating insights that shape and inform key business decisions and inspire stakeholders with algorithmic solutions for complex business problems
* Manage and assimilating a variety of data sources into a cohesive and accurate portrayal of operational performance
* Responsibility of looking after a business problem and then planning and executing the appropriate analysis in order to solve it
* Sourcing and manipulating the appropriate data and then analysing the outputs
* Demonstrating commercial insight to explore business growth opportunity, presenting your strategies to key stakeholders
* Contributing to Strategic Business initiatives and projects across operations by providing performance analysis to support strategies
As an Advanced Analytics Analyst, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Proven experience of delivering data products with relevant BI/data analytics tool set with an expertise in using SQL
* Expertise of using classical statistical methods (such as logistic regression, decision trees) in a commercial environment
* Solid hands on experience with some of the following data manipulation tools: Hadoop, Python, R, Impala
* The ability to influence senior executive stakeholders
* Being a self-motivated team player who is able to define, structure and prioritise work for yourself as well as others
* A commercial, financial and business acumen
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.