We are looking to recruit a term time school counsellor to work with with our Safeguarding team and support students with issues such as bullying, disabilities, low self-esteem, poor academic performance and relationship troubles.
Buckswood school motto is ‘Ad Vitam Paramus’ or ‘we prepare for life’, and our magical campus set on 40 acres of country estate, vineyard, stables, farm and activity centre provide the perfect setting for passionate subject specialists to ignite the imaginations of our international students and be ‘that teacher’ that makes the difference in a child’s life.
The main duties will include
- Being responsible for confidential counselling to students as needed.
- Being responsible for advice and support to staff.
- Being responsible for maintaining appropriate and confidential records.
- Liaising with the Designated Safeguarding Lead on a frequent basis.
- Providing regular audit information such as numbers, age range and types of problems to the SMT.
- Having a thorough knowledge of the Mental Health provision locally and nationally.
- Continually reviewing and evaluating the service
Join a school that likes to think outside of the box and inspire children to do the same, building their confidence and readying them to go and set the world on fire!
For full details please contact our HR Department on 01424 813813.
If you are interested in applying please visit our website and complete the application form.
Buckswood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau now the Disclosure and Barring Service. You must also have the right to work in the UK with appropriate Visa if necessary. If you have not lived/worked in the UK for the past 5 years you will need to provide a Police check from the country in which you have been living and working.