Data Manager- Access, VBA, Excel, SQL
Our Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain client are recruiting for a Data Manager to join their business in Solihull. As part of this role you will be supporting one of our client's biggest customers. You will be enhancing our client's data environment from Excel and Access databases to SQL, whilst working to improve the data and reporting capabilities driven from the team.
Our client are a global Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain business who are building a new Data team in order to support one of their largest and well-known customers.
As part of the Data Manager role your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a small team of Data Analysts providing reporting to our client's customer
- Lead on a number of Data Improvement projects including the migration from Excel spreadsheets to Access and SQL databases
- Interact heavily with our client's customer in order to understand their data needs and to present data back to them in order for them to make commercial business decisions
- Take responsibility for automating data and reporting processes in order to improve customer service
- Coach and develop members of the team to create a high performance/high capability environment
- Explore new data solutions alongside senior management.
To be successful in your application for the Data Manager role you will have:
- A strong track record within Data Management roles in large organisation environments
- A technical understanding of areas such as Excel, Access, VBA and SQL. This is not a technical role but will require a technical understanding in order to manage the team effectively.
- Demonstrable experience of managing or leading small data teams
- Excellent stakeholder management/customer management skills in order to build strong relationships with our client's customer
- The ability to be adaptable and take data requirements/present data to various different business departments
- A track record of automating processes and driving data efficiency.
£40,000-£45,000 + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77767927