Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer - Electronics
Lead Systems Engineer: A major Defence Electronics company are looking to recruit a Lead Systems Engineer at their site in Farnborough to carry out complex design, development and implementation in line with customer requirements and project schedule/budgets.
Lead Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
* Defines, implements and takes ownership of the Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
* Elicitation and management of customer requirements, ensuring correct management within the requirements database.
* Derivation of system requirements from high level customer requirements.
* Represents Systems function at all design reviews (internal and external) and supports the chair by raising risks and issues and proposing solutions (internal only); may chair internal or external design reviews at the request of the Engineering Manager.
* Creates tangible capability improvements within their function; adopts best practice and fosters innovation to support business needs.
* Ensures that all work within their function is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process.
* Provides line management to all employees within their function, conducts appraisals and career development discussions, deals with day-to-day employee concerns and escalates appropriately; requires only very limited support in this activity.
* Actively coaches and develops employees such to maximise their contribution, manages employees performance and behavioural issues.
* Contribute to design reviews and present material in specialist areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Full understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and V-model.
* Presentation skills and detailed technical knowledge to explain system engineering concepts to a wide technical audience.
* Extensive use of requirements management tools (e.g DOORS)
* Skill in creating a system design to provide optimal solutions by appropriately allocating functionality between hardware, firmware and software based on experience within one or more of these fields.
* Degree in electronic engineering, physics or suitable industry experience.
* Ability to clearly express design intent using Design Documents, block diagrams, flow diagrams and system level schematics.
* Experience in the design of electronic / RF systems incorporating FPGAs, Microcontrollers and standards based Bus systems such as VME/VPX or PXI.
* Experience of FPGA design using VHDL is an advantage. Experience of RADAR, EW and ECM is highly desirable.
* Knowledge/experience with the following software, Microsoft Office, Visio, Doors, Altium Designer, Altera/Microsemi FPGA Tools.
* Chartered Engineer or working towards this.
The successful candidate will be required to be currently SC cleared or able to achieve full SC clearance without restrictions!!!!
Apply now to Steve!!!!!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77761733