Superb opportunity to join this FTSE 100 in the Midlands as a Controls Manager. Expanding team so genuine career progression is on offer in a flexible working environment.
FTSE 100 in the Midlands.
- Responsibility for ensuring that Finance and Shared Services processes operate within a control and compliance framework including, internal policies, external compliance standards and the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 for areas of accountability
- Responsibility for designing and completing the annual testing plan of key controls within the company framework
- Responsibility for ensuring testing completed by the wider team is compliant with the appropriate standards, offering challenge where appropriate to the status quo of processes and controls
- Provide assurance to key control contacts within the divisions on the operational effectiveness of controls and that the design is maintained to mitigate risk.
- Act as an interface across the business towers to ensure linkages with end to end business process controls and internal and external compliance frameworks.
- Effectively manage key internal/external stakeholder relationships.
- Support the wider change process within Controls and Compliance, embedding new processes and contemporary practices
- Support the wider Finance and Shared Service business in respect to change and risk issues.
Excellent knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and auditing & accounting principles
- Experience of implementing and managing ongoing compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience of operational management of teams, planning and forecast of resource requirements and communication to wider businesses
- Strong leadership and influencing skills in relation to stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Experience in managing teams- strong people, performance management, coaching and influencing skills
- Experience of supporting change programmes
- Ability to assess risk on new processes and change, offering advice
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage own workload, to time and desired levels of quality
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Likely to be a trained for accountant or audit specialist with management experience
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. IIA, CIMA, ACCA, ICM, CPIM or CPM) but if the candidate can demonstrate adequate experience and knowledge required this may be acceptable
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage own and team workload, to time and desired levels of quality
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
Excellent salary + bonus + attractive benefits package + flexible working.