CONFIGURATION MANAGER / ENGINEER
CONFIGURATION MANAGER / ENGINEER - CAMBRIDGESHIRE - UP TO £55,000
25 days holiday + statutory holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme
Enhanced sick pay scheme
To apply for this role you must be a current holder of or be eligible to gain Security Clearance to DV level.
Summary of Role
I'm working with one of the largest defence organisations within the UK who are looking for a configuration manager / engineer to join their team to help maintain the Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) that supports the In Service Support (ISS) of a major MoD IT programme.
- Maintain the CMDB in accordance with the ISS Configuration Management System
- Create and Maintain Configuration Management (CM) and Data management (DM) Plans, capture all relevant CM and DM requirements required by the Programme
- Administer Configuration and Data management in support of allocated company contracts in line with Raytheon Standard Processes and Practices, customer requirements as required by the relevant programme Security requirements
- Ensure Configuration and Data Management compliance with Military and Commercially recognised standards
- Support the Programme by establishing and maintaining a regime for CM and DM with the customer and Subcontractor (Where applicable) including a schedule for Customer and Subcontractor reviews and regularly report on progress
- Support Engineering to correctly identify HW (Hardware) and SW (Software) Configuration Items using a recognised PDM tool in a relational and hierarchical manner. Maintain CM baselines of both HW and SW throughout the design lifecycle of products
- Generate documentation to support licence renewals to maintain the hardware and software configuration baseline
- Detailed working knowledge of Military and Commercial CM standards and ISO 9001.
- Able to effectively interface and communicate with multiple levels of management and colleagues in other engineering disciplines.
- Experience of establishing and implementing processes and training of the Principles of CM and Data Management
- Working knowledge of CM and Data Management applied to Hardware and Software development programmes
- Experience of working under ITIL processes.
- Appropriate degree or equivalent with industrial experience in Configuration Management or experience working in a technical environment interfacing with systems, software, hardware or test engineering disciplines.
- Experience establishing, developing and implementing Configuration Management processes and training, such as planning, configuration change management and control, identification, configuration status accounting and baseline control, data library/repository, product release and delivery, and configuration audits.
- CMII Certification.
- Working knowledge of Def Stan 05-57,05-123 and ISO 10007.
- Experience of ITAR regulations.
- Proficient in evaluation of program documents for impact to CM processes.
- Experience of Process Improvement Initiatives and techniques.
For more information or to apply please contact Gabrielle Walsh at
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77758321