Mechanical Design Engineer - South Manchester
White Label is now recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of our key engineering clients in South Manchester. The privately owned, market leading, special purpose machinery manufacturer is now hiring for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their busy and growing team.
This is a great opportunity to work for a friendly, and driven company that really looks after their people. To reflect this the company has a lot of long serving staff who have been there for many years.
The company seeks an individual that is comfortable operating outside the normal remit of a Design Engineer and should look to drive the business forward with new ideas and development of new products. They need to be able to professionally question existing ideas or methods and suggest new ideas to move the company forward.
- Taking projects from initial concept through the complete design process to customer sign off
- To support the company’s existing products, through the business and at customer site
- Responsibility for the completion of design work, drawing creation and technical documentation
- Work with suppliers to select cost effective solutions that meet performance requirements
- Provide technical support to all areas of the business
- Display a professional approach by following the company rules as laid out in the employee handbook.
Qualifications / experience required
- Degree qualified in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
- 5 years experience in a design engineering role working to fine tolerances
- Working understanding of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Effective knowledge of servomotor, stepper motor and gearbox selection
- Experienced in the use of Solidworks or other 3D CAD system
- Full UK driving license
The company is offering £30-35k depending upon experience, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a 3% contributory pension scheme. Along with this they offer a private health care scheme. With this they are offering an great opportunity to be part of a growing team focusing on the development of new and exciting technology. There is progression and growth opportunity for this individual, and to travel abroad if you are interested in this (however if you are not interested in travel, this is not something that is essential to all employees).