Group Commercial Accountant
My client is an integrated retailer that manufactures, sources and retails products and general merchandise across the globe. They are looking to recruit a Commercial Accountant who will support the Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Manager in the delivery of an effective, efficient and robust Group Financial service to internal and external stakeholders.
This role gives the opportunity to work in a head office finance team consolidating financial information and providing group financial services for a large and fast growing UK Group which is part of an internationally listed company.
Its main focus will be in providing assistance with ad-hoc project work and assisting with the production of the monthly management information. Working closely with other Finance Team members, this role gives the candidate plenty of opportunity to develop skills across a wide range of financial disciplines.
Your key duties will include:
- To assist with the preparation of Group management accounts, forecasts and quarterly reviews, collecting and collating information from each operating division.
- To provide detailed analysis and commentary on various elements of the above reports, identifying risk areas within the business.
- To review and report the monthly and quarterly KPIs of the various operating divisions.
- To assist with the preparation of the quarterly and year end group reporting packs for submission to the parent company.
- To take the lead of the annual budgeting process.
- Reporting and project work as directed, for example:
- Profitability analysis.
- Balance sheet reviews.
- Benchmarking exercises.
- Property related analysis.
- To assist in the preparation of the group's statutory reporting and the provision of information for the external auditors.
- Other ad-hoc tasks, as required
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is either a first time mover from practice or someone who is a Qualified accountant within industry.
You will not only get the opportunity to develop your accounting and analytical skills within an ambitious and progressional business you will also receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77768281