Willmott Dixon are looking for a number of experienced software developers to join our busy in-house development team. These are new roles that are being created as a result of the large number of projects that need to be delivered to the business. You will be an experienced software developer with a track record of designing and developing web applications utilising C# / ASP.Net and MVC.
Maybe you live in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire or Cambridgeshire but work in London and are getting fed up with the daily commute. A more locally based role with a highly respected employer could be just the opportunity you are looking for if you no longer want to endure the misery of squeezing yourself on the 7 o'clock train to Kings Cross or yet again listening to the recorded announcement about delays due to leaves on the line or the wrong kind of snow!
We are currently a busy team of 12 developers working closely with our clients (the business) to deliver high quality software. Our projects span across Finance, Operations, Purchasing, Legal and Sales. We believe in following industry standard best practices. Our technology stack includes C#, ASP.Net MVC, Web API, AngularJs, TDD, Jasmine Test, Protractor UI test, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2015 and TFS and we follow Scrum methodology.
- Provide high-quality software development expertise for Willmott Dixon software applications.
- Recommend solutions to identified requirements using the most appropriate communication method.
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager's expectations.
- Actively contribute to IT projects as required.
- Collaborate with the Development Manager in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of software development.
- Provide a designated level of application support to end-users and other IT personnel.
- Perform unit testing of developments prior to release.
- Maintain database views, tables and data mapping in support of software development requirements.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Design and development of web applications utilising Asp.net MVC and C#
- Use of MS SQL database technologies.
- Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of AngularJs and Web APIs.
- Knowledge of MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) in a collaborative project delivery environment utilising methodologies such as Agile (scrum).
Willmott Dixon offer over 100 top-class learning programmes designed to provide individuals with the opportunity for personal growth. In particular the Willmott Dixon Management and Leadership Programmes are designed to provide development for our next generation of leaders. They are designed to support all individuals whether they are joining us mid-career or as graduates, trainees or apprentices. We offer personal Pluralsight and MSDN accounts to train on latest technologies in Web development. We also offer different Microsoft and BCS certifications as part of a personal development plan.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the UK's largest privately-owned capital works, regeneration and support services companies.
Founded in 1852, we've one of the most recognisable brands for the built environment, developing and delivering new schools, housing, hospitals, hotels, leisure facilities and office developments. We also repair and maintain over 180,000 homes and genuinely care about our impact on the environment, being a carbon neutral business.
Our family values and respect for people has seen us receive accolades as one of the best places to work in the country; including being regularly listed in Building magazine's Good Employer guide. If you want to find out more, see our YouTube channel and follow us on Twitter: @WillmottDixonKey Benefits:
We offer a competititve salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77770278