Senior Electrical Engineer
We have exciting opportunities for two Senior Electrical Engineers to join our firm, based in Bristol.
Working alongside the Team Leader and other Senior Engineers, you will be responding to our clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high quality service for our clients.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally. You will have the opportunity to lead on small projects up to the value of £50000, and support larger projects, with values of £250million+. Projects span a cross section of sectors including Residential, Commercial, Retail and high end mixed use developments.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to take a brief from the project lead and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of our outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with some client facing work
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
What We Can Offer You
- To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Excellent IPD scheme and active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- The opportunity to become the electrical lead on projects up to £50million
- Opportunities for career progression
- Opportunities to work on International Projects
As one of the longest-established firms of its kind, we employ some of the most talented people in the industry. Our award-winning expertise has been built up over many years and we pride ourselves on our unique and unrivalled service.
We have a focused offer, delivering high quality and innovative MEP engineering solutions. Our project portfolio is impressive. We work on an extensive range of projects across all major sectors, many of which are high profile. We continually look at clever ways to overcome design challenges and we are not afraid to innovate. Our number one concern is the quality of the project.
Our long-established client relationships and reputation for quality mean that most of our business is repeat. We recently won the Building Services Consultancy of the Year Award in the 2016 CIBSE Building Performance Awards, and are delighted to have been recently presented with the Collaborative Working Partnership Award at the 2017 CIBSE Building Performance Awards.
We stick to what we’re good at, and encourage all of our people to influence the way things are done. We’re large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. We have high levels of employee retention because our people like working for us, and many of them are the most skilled and experienced in the industry.