IT Configuration Engineer
IT Configuration Engineer role, 3 month contract, £120 per day.
Your new company
You will be working with a Global organisation, a leading supplier of consulting and infrastructure support services both in the UK and internationally. They design, build, maintain and invest in our country's services and infrastructure and make a difference including engineering, facilities management, utilities, transport, environmental services, defence and justice.
Your new role
Responsible for the configuration of all End User Devices; Desktops, Laptops and installation of additional memory where applicable.
- Deployment of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Image to Standard Hardware (Desktops/Laptops)
- Installation and Configuration of Software- manual and via SCCM
- Installation of additional RAM
- Implementation of known fixes for common problems.
- Effective liaison with end users, including management of expectations etc.
- Basic troubleshooting in line with the Issues Management process.
- Communicate with other IT areas to ensure client expectations are met.
- Good hardware knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent Windows 7 and 10 knowledge.
- Ensure the expected numbers of devices are built in advance to meet the replacement schedule.
- Collection and collation of pertinent data relating to devices.
What you'll need to succeed
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a customer service and IT Environment
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of the build, configuration, support and administration of MS Windows based infrastructure (Windows 7, Windows 10 etc)
- Microsoft Windows Client (Win7, Win10, Office 2013/2016, O365).
- Sound Knowledge of Active Directory Administration and Group Policy .
- Ability to perform required support and maintenance of all supported systems and hardware
- Experience of working effectively and positively in a busy, pressured environment
- Experience of working with internal and external groups to resolve problems
What you'll get in return
You will receive a daily rate of £120 per hour - can start ASAP. (Driving licence required)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77754381