Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their Plymouth office.
Working alongside the Team Leader and Engineers, you will be responding to their clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver consistently high-quality work.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally, with the opportunity to become mechanical lead on projects up to £20million. Project sectors include Higher Education, Research and Development, Healthcare, Defence, Education, Sports & Leisure, Residential, Retail and Office Space. Our international projects include those in the Sports, Leisure and Defence sectors.
The role will be based within an office of 30-35 engineers, who work on around 120 projects at any one time (with inter-office collaboration with London and Oxford). This will be mainly an office based role (70% of the time) but you will also meet clients, attend site visits with travel around once a week to locations including the Channel Islands, London and/or Cornwall.
You will be working within a team of 16 people, managing some bright, highly technical graduates, so you must be confident in your own technical ability.
You need to have:
• Excellent Technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering
• Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
• Ability to lead projects; managing your own resource and deadlines from concept through to completion
• Good experience with AutoCAD
• Ability to mentor graduates and engineers to develop the team
• Team player with a can-do attitude, willingness to help others and eager to learn
• Must have a driving licence
• REVIT experience ideal, not essential
In return, our client can offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including.
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Private medical scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
• Huge Variety of projects – loads of exposure and learning
• Amazing office location
• UK recognised training programme with career development opportunities through in-house succession planning – view Principal within 2 years with view to progress to Associate (and beyond)
• Friendly and dynamic team working environment
• Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
• Opportunity for onsite involvement
• Opportunities to work on International Projects