Are you an experienced Senior Developer, consistent and thorough with the desire to 'focus and commit'?
How would you like to work for a renowned British standards company?
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Developer to join our dynamic and ever growing IT team based in our offices in West London
Collaborating with the Online Technology Group Development Lead, you will work within the Online Technology Delivery Team to provide appropriate solution methodologies and enforce best practice whilst supporting the Online Project and Support/Maintenance functions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your technical skills and experience within a disciplined Software Development Life Cycle environment.
As a Senior Developer, you will be required to perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Maintain and modify programs and provide software development support to a number of concurrent in-flight projects.
Additional Salary Info: Bonus plus wide range of flexible benefits
Senior Developer | Developer | .NET Developer | Full-Stack Developer | Software Development | Application Development | Agile Scrum | SOA | .NET
As an experienced Senior Developer you will have the following skills:
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge around Scalable Enterprise Application development, SOA, Web Services ASP .NET and Web Applications.
- Demonstrable experience of developing Windows based client/server or distributed software solutions to consistent quality standards.
- Problem solving, task prioritization, administration and organisation skills are required, whilst adhering to strict deadlines and observing quality procedures.
- Experience of software design and analysis techniques and tools.
- Consistent and thorough, the desire to 'focus and commit'.
- Focus on delivery of quality unit tested code.
- Experience of large-scale databases and/or applications using various client-server and web technologies
- Understanding of service oriented architecture.
- A consistent track record in Software Development with Agile methodologies - Scrum experience is critical.
- Demonstrate clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of security management in an application development/e-commerce environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets on 3+ projects with minimum supervision.
- Enthusiastic team player able to provide coaching to less experienced team members and enable then to use their own initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related numerate field OR 5+ years' experience in an appropriate working environment.
What we offer
We'll give you all the training and support needed to build your career with our dynamic and growing organisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider flexible working in line with our requirements for this role.
We offer a competitive starting salary and company car alongside 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.
About Our Company:
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
We are the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence.
Formed in 1901, we were the world's first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Over a century later it continues to facilitate business improvement across the globe by helping its clients drive performance, manage risk and grow sustainably through the adoption of international management systems standards, many of which BSI originated. Our influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 81,000 clients in 181 countries, we are an organization whose standards inspire excellence globally.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77738038