Senior Escalation Technician
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Escalation Technician to join a well-established IT and Technology company based in Shoreham-by-Sea. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £35K per annum plus 28 days holiday including bank holidays, auto enrolment pension and private healthcare scheme after 2 years of service.
The Senior Escalation Technician will be responsible for:
- Escalated and protracted incidents on the Service Desk
- Taking ownership, analysing and dealing with escalated incidents that others have been unable to solve
- Drawing on expert level skills and troubleshooting to quickly and permanently resolve protracted issues
- Giving direction and guidance to other members of the team to improve the skill levels
- Working closely with the Technical Manager and Team Lead to identify improvements in support processes, solutions and technical knowledge
- Creation and maintenance of IT infrastructure processes
- Ensuring issues identified are resolved and lessons learned are documented for continual process improvement.
The successful Senior Escalation Technician must have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working for a computer dealer/reseller
- Windows 2008-2016 server, Small Business Server 2011 would be beneficial
- Remote Desktop Server installation, management and troubleshooting
- Virtualised environments (VMware, Hyper-V)
- VoIP solutions, 3CX would be ideal
- Advanced networking, routing and enterprise firewalls
- Active Directory management
- Exchange 2010 – 2016 server installation, management and troubleshooting
- Most popular anti-virus products, i.e. McAfee, Symantec etc.
- Backup solutions, i.e. Backup exec, Storagecraft
- Office 365, including integration with Active Directory and an understanding of Powershell
- Sound knowledge of Dell server hardware
- A willingness to learn and co-operate as part of a team
- Confidence working in a busy and often hectic environment
- Excellent telephone manner along with friendly customer service skills
- Attention to detail, commercial awareness and a logical approach to problem solving
- Good communication, literacy and organisational skills
Applicant just be flexible to work a variable shift of 08:00-16:30, 09:00-17:30 or 09:30-18:00 as part of a 24/7 on call rota.
This position is predominately an office based role but also may require on-site attendance as well when issues are unable to be solved remotely. A full UK driving licence is required.
Please apply online to be considered for the Senior Escalation Technician role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77740051