FP & A Manager
Your new company
Fabulous blue chip manufacturer, part of a high profile global group, based in Bridgend. Wales based and international career opportunities in the medium and long term.
Your new role
A rare commercial, business facing FP & A Manager role for a talented ambitious Qualified Accountant - looking for a high profile position where you can make a difference. Many and varied FP & A responsibilities including:
- To provide financial planning and analysis to senior management about the Company's varied business units covering both sales and profitability and to support the senior management team to deliver improved business performance through a clear understanding of the business results.
- Improve and develop business reporting
- The ongoing evaluation of company performance
- Tracking and analysing business unit trends and making appropriate recommendations for a positive impact
- Building strong and effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Work closely with Business Unit management to ensure they have a clear understanding of their performance targets and receive regular updates on actual results. This should cover sales volume, price point and margin development by both product and customer
- To prepare detailed sales forecasts for the business and to use this as the basis for preparing forecast and Budget exercises
- Weekly sales forecast reporting and ongoing liaison with the Group Finance function to ensure the sales forecasts are built into the income statement
- To prepare a monthly report on sales performance for senior management, highlighting volume price and margin performance. Low margin business segments to be highlighted with explanations together with suggested corrective actions
- Control of prices and discounts, working closely with the commercial team and ensuring any changes are properly documented and authorised by senior management - and to ensure that such pricing agreements are clearly communicated to the Customer Support function
- Regular attendance at sales managers' meetings to present sales results including bonus targets, to give sales management a clear picture of position against budget.
- To prepare company KPIs for the management team in advance of monthly SMT meetings
- Preparation and issuing of customer sales reports to show performance against bonus targets
- Analyse pricing and maintain a competitive pricing database to support sales teams when contemplating changes and provide data to support price increases and develop pricing strategy
What you'll need to succeed
To be a talented career oriented qualified Accountant, degree educated and either from a Big 4/Top 20 Accountancy practice background, or from a Blue Chip commercial background. The learning curve will be steep but excellent training and ongoing personal development will be provided.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive salary and benefits package including generous holidays and pension provision - alongside a proactive training plan and long term Wales based and international career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77733358