Mortgage Underwriter - Financial Services - Lending - Fareham - Permanent
A specialist lending and retail savings group are currently looking to recruit 2 Underwriters to facilitate and progress mortgage applications.
The Bank you will be joining targets under-served market sub-sectors that offer high growth potential and attractive risk-adjusted returns in which it can take a leading position and where it has established expertise, platforms and capabilities. These include private rented sector Buy-to-Let, commercial and semi-commercial mortgages, residential development finance, bespoke and specialist residential lending and secured funding lines. It is differentiated through its use of high skilled, bespoke underwriting and efficient operating model.
The key purpose of this role is to facilitate and progress mortgage applications within the assigned mandate level, through to mortgage offer and in line with the Bank's operating procedures and policies.
- Underwrite allocated applications to offer, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting further information from relevant stakeholders where required and verifying this on receipt.
- Offer mortgages to approved borrowers, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting any outstanding information if required an verifying it on receipt
- Review Agreement in Principle requests in a timely manner ensuring that the information meets the requirements of the Bank's Lending Policy and confirms decisions to the relevant intermediary.
- Communicate with intermediaries on declined cases, handle objections and provide objective feedback to any questions
- Provide telephone support as required to ensure customer service standards are managed and maintained
- Manage escalations and resolve technical queries from other team members
- Respond to complaints within SLA's seeking advice and guidance from Senior Underwriters where necessary
You will need at least 24 months experience in a mortgage administration or underwriting role within a Bank or Building Society. Alternatively 23 months previous experience working within the financial services industry is essential. Your knowledge will cover an intermediate level of the FCA regulations regarding residential mortgages and be educated to at least c grade in both Maths and English.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77742818