I am now working with a manufacturing organisation based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire who due to company expansion and recent internal changes, are now looking to recruit an Development Engineer. This will be a junior manager position and is a really exciting opportunity and would suit candidates who are used to working in engineering or plastics, manufacturing environments.
Based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire my client has just come through company expansion and due to recent internal changes they are now looking to recruit an Development Engineer (junior manager position). Due to this growth period will enable the successful candidate the opportunity to progress throughout the organisation.
This Development Engineer position is a management position and reports directly to the Head of Operations. You will have a proven track record of product design in a sales support role coupled strong leadership and communication skills gained from a quality/operational management background.
The role will:-
- Direct and mentor the Technical teams on a daily basis ensuring all company systems, procedures and KPI's are met within budgetary targets.
- Look to continually develop new and existing products and processes in line with market demands and company expectations
- Maintain and implement the Company H&S and Environmental management systems.
- Support and assist the Sales Management teams in order to fulfill customer needs and requirements.
- Maintain ISO 9001 certification.
The key competencies required for the Product Development Engineer Team Leader based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire role are as follows:
The person will need:
- Strong decisive leadership skills
- The ability to involve, inspire and win respect of a diverse workforce.
- Give clear, influential communication.
- Good planning and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- A structured approach.
- Good IT and CAD skills
- Educated to degree level ideally with several years' experience within a product development management role across operational function.
Experience and knowledge
- Ideally have product development experience (SUDS)
- Develops knowledge through continuous professional development
- Uses technology to achieve work objectives
- Learns rapidly in new situations
- Awareness of H&S and ISO 9000 systems and procedures
Product Development Engineer
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Hours of work - 8.30am-5.15pm Monday - Friday
Mobile and laptop will also be provided
23 days holiday per annum, 3 of which need to be saved for the Christmas shutdown
Optional Westfield Health benefits scheme
Discretionary company bonus (dependent on the performance of the business)
Free onsite parking
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77746267