Mortgage Lending Assessor
Lending Assessor - Mortgages - Financial Services - Fareham - Permanent
A specialist lending and retail savings group are currently looking to recruit 2 mortgage lending assessors to work in partnership with members of the underwriting team.
The Bank you will be joining targets under-served market sub-sectors that offer high growth potential and attractive risk-adjusted returns in which it can take a leading position and where it has established expertise, platforms and capabilities. These include private rented sector Buy-to-Let, commercial and semi-commercial mortgages, residential development finance, bespoke and specialist residential lending and secured funding lines. It is differentiated through its use of high skilled, bespoke underwriting and efficient operating model.
The key purpose of this role is to work in partnership with members of the Bank's Underwriting team in order to deliver excellent customer service whilst maintaining quality with assessment of key underwriting documents to support the achievement of departmental SLA's and annual lending target.
- To manage own pipeline of cases ensuring department SLA's are met
- Assess mortgage application documents in line with policy
- Provide referral/ recommendations to Underwriters for offer approvals with rationale support.
- Liaise with Mortgage Intermediaries via telephone and written correspondence
- Instruct and interpret Valuation Reports
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing as required
- Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements and recommend improvements or changes to procedure
- Complete general administration duties and ad hoc tasks or projects as and when required
- Perform Pre-offer pipeline chases to support turnaround times
You will need at least 24 months experience undertaking a mortgage packaging role or a mortgage application processing role at a mortgage lender or Estate Agency is essential. Twelve months previous outbound call experience in relation to mortgage application processing is sought. Previous primary serving or collections experience is highly desirable. A robust understanding of Mortgage lifecycle from application to completion is essential alongside knowledge of the house buying process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77744058