Category Manager (Pay Monthly), Carphone Warehouse
The Category Manager for Pay Monthly (Carphone Warehouse), is accountable for the commercial performance of the category through the delivery of market leading ranging, pricing, product and people development
You will be responsible for driving volume and profit targets across SIM Only within Carphone Warehouse and Dixons.
As a key member of the commercial team you will set the direction for your category aligning across multiple functions – Proposition development, Commercial Marketing, Buying, Connectivity, Strategic Planning, Analytics, Retail, Online, OLS and Direct for both chains
You will be expected to present details on the performance of your category up to Exec level to ensure the longer-term goals for the business are achieved.
- Define overall category strategy across all channels
- Be accountable for category performance
- Develop the annual and quarterly trading plan for the category as part of the business planning process
- Liaise with the Connectivity team to drive decisions around ranging and network targets
- Liaise with Proposition Development team to drive more relevant propositions for the channel
- Work with the relevant channel trading teams (across Online, OLS, Retail and Direct) to drive a joined-up category plan and strategy across all channels
- Own the Budget build process and deliver monthly P&L performance reviews
- Be responsible for sales forecasting for stock intake, availability management
- Hold People management responsibilities – responsible for managing and developing direct reports within your team
You will need:
- To be educated to degree level
- Experience in the telecomms industry
- Product or channel marketing process experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong range creation / management skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills with internal and external Stakeholders
- Expert analytical and numerical skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.