Designer - Menswear
This opportunity is looking to recruit an experienced Designer / Product Developer to create fashion forward tailoring, suiting and formalwear. You will be working with a range of clients and brands from within the UK, Europe, and International marketplace.
Designer – Menswear – Job Description
- Designing smart & formal tailored jackets, trousers and suiting. Working with a range of premium retailers and brands, meeting their design requirements.
- Identify latest & next seasonal trends and ideas, formulating mood boards, design boards & colour trend boards.
- Presenting designs and ideas to Buyers.
- Responsible for development of styles in accordance with the business and the customer requirements as well as submission and approval of all styles.
- Responsible for identifying, sourcing and re-sourcing relevant fabrics. Travelling to Trade Shows, mills, meet with suppliers etc.
- Taking control of the design process; creating trend & mood boards for each customer.
- Manage approved design work and the monitoring of the interpretations through testing, sample, fit and pre-production stages
- Produce detailed pre-production technical packs for submission to factories/supply base
- Liaising with the factories and monitoring Critical Path.
- Ensure selected styles are suitable for the supply base capabilities and delivery of margin targets
- To update all internal work systems and digital files, building the product range collateral of the business.
Designer – Menswear – Person Specification
- Previous experience in men’s tailoring, formalwear, jackets or trousers.
- Min of 2years+ relevant design or product development experience
- Highly competent Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop skills
- Great eye for fabric and fabric development, awareness of current trends and ability to execute them for a varied customer base.
- Good knowledge of garment construction.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extremely well organised and able to work to tight deadlines. Attentive to the detail and in delivering complete and accuracy of information to factories and customer.
- A team player and someone who works well under their own initiative.
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Enjoys a vibrant and busy office culture and with a flexible approach.
- Ability to travel as required.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77733278