Financial Accountant - 18 mth fixed contract
Scheme Accounts Manager / Accounting job in Darlington
Your new company
A well recognised Pension provider based in Darlington has a need for a interim cover for 12 months.
Your new role
Reporting into the Financial Accountant the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of reporting accounting functions.
* Assist with the preparation of the scheme annual report and accounts for all pension schemes in a SORP compliant format, including c. 100 sections of the RPS
* Assist in preparation of member versions of the accounts for each scheme and section
* Prepare any additional accounts as required, eg audited PPF accounts
* Assist internal and external auditors
* Deal with any ad hoc queries on the section accounts that arise throughout the year
* Maintain financial databases and prepare financial returns/statements as required eg CSO return
* Provide cover for Financial Accountant: Trustee and Finance Manager: Scheme Operations as required
* Overall responsibility for preparation of more than 100 sets of section accounts.
* Carry out analytical reviews and ensure variances are investigated by BD20 after the quarter end.
Actuarial financial statements:
* Prepare accounts as requested by actuaries for any given accounting period
* Liaison with the Scheme Actuary
* Liaise with HMRC in respect of PAYE related queries throughout the year.
* Report overdue contributions, interest charges and AVC loss on investment to senior management
* Report any regulatory breaches to Pensions Regulator
* As a member of the Trustee Accounts team, assist with tasks carried out by this team as required
* Provide cover for other finance managers and executives within the Trustee team
* Assist with the completion of the Trustee month end packs as requested querying large, old or unusual items as appropriate.
* Devise and complete metrics relevant to role, ensuring correct and adequate explanation is documented for all non-green metrics
* Assist in management, supervision and training of clerical staff on the Trustee team
* Ensure databases, reports and documentation relating to all relevant processes are up to date.
* Assist in the development of new systems and/or processes and procedures as required
* Assist in all aspects of finance work as requested.
Skills and Competencies
* Good leadership and management skills
* Good negotiating and influencing skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good IT skills
* Problem solving abilities
* Good report writing and presentation skills
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to identify and implement process enhancements and improvements
* Ability to work accurately and efficiently
* Ability to meet deadlines set
* Good working knowledge of accounting procedures
* Good working knowledge of relevant accounting standards
* Consistently maintain the organisations values and behaviours
What you'll need to succeed
* Educated to degree standard
* Hold, or working towards, a recognised professional qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
* At least 3-5 experience in an investment or financial environment would be beneficial
* Pension scheme and investments accounting would be beneficial
* Experience of managing people would be beneficial
What you'll get in return
A 12 month fixed term contract is offered for the role along with an attractive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77718024