IBP Recruitment are recruiting for an exceptional Assistant Accountant due to successive growth our client.
You will be working for a professional accountancy practice as part of the Accounts Team within the Head Office in Calne. As a firm our client has an excellent reputation with clients across Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and further afield.
Their focus is on providing the highest level of service with a proactive approach to clients. They have a proven record for supporting staff development and progression; they offer long term opportunities for those that are career focussed individuals.
You will work within a dynamic team and support the Senior Consultant/Partners within the Practice. You will be involved in ensuring that deadlines are met for our clients as well as looking for opportunities to demonstrate the high service level we offer.
A competitive salary and study support package will be available for the right candidate. Previous practice experience is a must.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Preparation of annual accounts and personal tax returns from the source documents supplied
- Prepare management accounts for presentation to clients
- The knowledge to review and compile when required VAT and CIS submissions
- Undertake general bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients
- Working with the senior accounting team acting as assistant to the senior consultant
- Provide assistance to other team members and take an active role in developing trainees
- This job description is intended as a guide and is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this role. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of level of responsibility entailed.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- As a minimum be fully AAT qualified (Level 4) Studying ACCA/CIMA
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Experience of managing a team
- Strong knowledge of taxes, in particular CIS, VAT, Corporate & Personal taxes
- Self-managing, organised and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel, also Sage, Xero, Quickbooks
- Experience of Cloud based software
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Possess a 'can do' attitude and retain a sense of humour when under pressure
- Flexible with working hours to accommodate periods of high workload
- Car owner with the ability and willingness to travel on behalf of the company
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959580630