Public Relations Manager (Engineering)
As Public Relations Manager you will join a team that are delivering innovative solutions and have long term frameworks established with local Public and Private sector Clients within the Water/Wastewater, Power and Telecommunications industries. Due to on-going success and contract awards they have a requirement for a Public Relations Manager to deliver expert customer care while liaising with the public and stakeholders during on-going Civil Engineering projects.
As Public Relations Manager you will report to the Engineering Project Manager and will deal with any queries from the public to reassure them of the long term benefits of the work to be carried out. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Be the main point of contact and provide relevant customer care / PR information to stakeholders and the public.
- To raise awareness in the general public to the long term environmental benefits of the rehabilitation projects.
- Keep the team informed of any issues raised, in case press releases are required.
- Help raise awareness of new innovative construction techniques and traffic management techniques that will help minimise disruption.
- Ensure processes are developed and maintained and to record actions taken to fully address customer / stakeholder comments and complaints.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Experience in a similar Public Relations / Communications role, experience in engineering would be beneficial but not essential.
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Public Relations / Communications / Engineering
- Strong client facing skills with the ability to deal with both customers and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of civil engineering projects and the entire construction process would be advantageous but not essential.
(A full job description can be provided upon request)
You will also have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to act within a team at all times. With the nature of the role there may be travel involved so you should be flexible in terms of travel.
If you feel this 'Public Relations Manager (Engineering)' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77698868