An Engineering Manager with experience of working in an automotive, manufacturing environment is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading global automotive company based in Birmingham.
The role is offering a salary up to £60,000 per annum + bonus, car allowance and more based experience.
Our client is a leading automotive technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of complex interior solutions including driver information, dashboard displays, vehicle infotainment and climate control solutions.
- Responsible for their direction, personal development and setting of objectives and reporting.
- Co-ordination of department activities / allocate resource & prioritise workload
- Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes and new products.
- Driving process performances to zero defect levels.
- Provide engineering support to the production department to reduce machine downtime and resolve the root cause of the technical problems
- Ensure timely and cost-effective installation and support to new and existing production lines
- Creating and maintaining accurate product and process documentation
- Continually analysing manufacturing process flows for enhancements of quality, cost reduction and throughput
- Manage the drive the Continuous Improvement activity to continually improve the processes of data efficiency, plant performance visibility, data reliability & automated process compliance.
- Managing CAPEX through the appropriate channels and processes
- Ensuring budgets are tracked and on target.
- Prepare, review and present to the operating team departmental objectives and improvements
- Production Meeting support to pick up and allocate resource to production critical issues
- Deal with Machine vendors / component suppliers
- Equipment moves / Installs/ Facilities Management
- Exercise high standards of H & S at all times, including Environmental Safety Awareness, and establishing a positive health, safety and environmental culture across the facility
- To liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers through the correct Company Procedures and Department
- To maintain liaison with Shift Supervision with regards to machine downtime and production requirements
- To contribute as a member of the Management Team with the aim of reducing overheads and work within the budgetary allocation for the Engineering Department
- Working closely with the advanced materials and manufacturing groups to identify process technology gains and implementation plans.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Company
- To be available for "call out" in the case of emergency
- Driving the plant level Implementation of the group standardisation policy for maintenance tasks and process technologies in accordance with the Advance Manufacturing Engineering Group
Skills / Experience Required
- Minimum of degree standard or significant experience in a manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Lean line design and value stream mapping.
- Previous experience of working in an automotive, manufacturing environment.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Strong Commercial skill set, able to manage CAPEX projects from preparation to approval.
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949 and Q1/SIM requirements.
- Must be a great team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that allow effective engagement at all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to keep calm, constructive and disciplined when under pressure.
- Must possess drive and enthusiasm and are tenacious and determined to succeed in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrate innovative ideas / techniques in maintenance / problem solving
- Self motivated
- Problem solving, technical and analytical capability.
- Priority and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills with the enthusiasm and tenacity to drive improvement
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Business financial understanding
- Proven decision-making abilities
- Must have strong IT and manufacturing systems control knowledge
- Motivate and lead individuals and teams at all levels/functions
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information or contact James Laver on or email
Keywords : CAPEX, Production, Management, Manufacturing, Safety.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77700827