ICT Support Technician
We have a great opportunity for an experienced ICT Support Technician to join our small and very friendly team, providing support on IT systems to a group business with teams spread across the UK. The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of systems and projects, which will provide excellent career development for the right person.
Responsibilities will include:
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents. This includes support on operating systems (Windows and iOS); a range of software applications; company phones; and ancillary devices such as printers, copiers and scanners.
- Providing support on cyber and physical security requirements of the business.
- Installing and configuring new ICT equipment and upgrading different types of software and hardware.
- Maintaining a first-class level of customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated courteously and in a way which allows their issues to be resolved efficiently.
- Creating, maintaining and publishing ICT support documentation in order to enable users to become more self-sufficient in the speedy resolution of their own issues.
Essential requirements for this role:
- At least 2 years? recent experience of an IT support role, which must include providing first line customer support.
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, iOS systems and Microsoft Office.
- Strong understanding of Customer Service best practice; able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Excellent practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team and to plan and prioritise workload without supervision.
- Strong performer under pressure; flexible and able to manage changing priorities.
The following are preferred, but not essential:
- IT qualifications such as BTEC (Edexcel); National Certificate and Diploma IT Practitioners; City & Guilds (E-Quals); IT Practitioners Certificate and Advanced Diploma; OCR (iPRO) Certificate for IT Practitioners; or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience of:
- VM Ware
- VM Horizon View
- Manage Engine
- MS Server
- Exchange 2016
- Because of the travel requirements of the role, a full driving licence is desirable.
- Occasional travel within the UK will be required and may include overnight stays. Overseas travel may be required.
- Work outside of normal office hours will occasionally be required to support system upgrades and carry out other ICT maintenance work.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- This role will provide support to companies within the Defence sector, including suppliers to the MOD and overseas armed forces. Because of the confidentiality of some of the information that the postholder will have access to, it is a security requirement that they hold British Citizenship.
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
TP Group is a specialist technology and services company that provides high-integrity solutions and through-life support for critical applications. We have ambitious plans for growth as a supplier to the aerospace, defence, energy and process industries.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days? holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
To apply for this role, please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits package to the HR email address.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959592808