Senior Research Engineer - London
Senior Research Engineer - London
Working in support of autonomous vehicle development on behalf of a globally known Japanese technology group supplying artificial intelligence and neural network based technology, a specialist Senior Research Engineer is required to be part of a dedicated European R&D team with a specific focus on the development of machine learning-based automotive technology.
Primarily based in London, but travelling in Europe as necessary, the role will focus on the use of Software Engineering in the specification and development of an AI platform capable of processing automotive vision data as well as technologies developed by the Group. The Senior Research Engineer will conceive, specify and develop an AI system which will be the fundamental component of Autonomous and Connected Vehicles, and will investigate specific issues on vehicle sensing and vehicle control and providing machine learning based technical solutions which are safe, reliable, efficient and flexible.
The main objectives are:
- R&D management, system requirement analysis, option and scenario evaluation, high-level system design and the development of proofs of solution and value. The R&D fields are Automotive ICT and Control, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Big Data and related activities in academia and industries.
- Development of system specifications, system integration, and evaluation of system functions conducted in collaboration with colleagues globally
- Proposing and implementing (system) architectures/specifications and analytics' algorithms for Automotive ICT in a Safe and Sustainable society, as well as analysing customers' data.
- Identify and understand autonomous and connected vehicle and driver challenges and requirements.
You will need to be / have:
- Proven experience and capability in computational/experimental research, as well as analysing, reporting and discussing the results and conclusions is essential along with a solid academic background in artificial intelligence and machine learning. Understanding of Image Processing is essential.
- Proven practical experience with relevant topics in artificial intelligence and machine learning (real time and using 'rules'). Ideally including Deep Learning frameworks such as Caffe, Torch or TensorFlow.
- Experience in data analytics, statistical methods and models, as well as the extraction of insight from data.
- Previous experience in participating to INNOVATE UK projects and experience in collaborative research with European public institutions or companies.
- Familiarity with automotive telematics systems and services.
You will be expected to present the results of the research activities within the Group, as well as follow and participate in other research groups. You will also need to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in other Group sites, which will require international travel in Europe and Japan.
To support this key role position, the mandatory qualification levels are either an Engineering M.Sc., Master or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision or Mathematics, ideally with 1 or 2 years of experience in ITS / Automotive domain. Fluency in English is required.
Should you feel you have the experience and capability to support the technical and commercial challenges of this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (). This is an URGENT requirement.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77741206