Senior Mechanical Engineer Consulting Engineering
Our client one of the largest companies of consulting engineers of their kind in the UK, have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their company, based in Cardiff.
They are focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas, and have an impressive project portfolio covering everything from simple feasibility studies to some of the biggest schemes in the world.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed and profitability is achieved.
• You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
• Experience in the Education, Healthcare and Defence sectors will be of particular benefit in this role and any particular specialism would be welcomed.
• You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
• Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
• Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
• You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
• Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
• Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the local industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification. Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following: M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.