3rd Line Support Technician
3rd LINE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - £30-35K - WICKFORD - PERMANENT
My client is a market leading provider of third party IT and Telco services as well as comprehensive technical solutions and support facilities into a wide array of industries across the UK.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a 3rd Line Technician with either MCITP or Cisco CCNA and Telecom and Broadband Experience using WLR3
Please note that a basic CRB check is required for this position
- The role is centred on the support and configuration client equipment and services, this will include desktop PCs, Servers, printers, BT phone lines and Broadband services
- The work will be predominantly be on Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines, MS Server 2012 and Server 2016. Exchange and SQL experience could be useful. BT Openreach WLR3 system
- Installation, service, repair & break/fix of HP & Dell Desktops & Servers.
- Installation, service, repair & break/fix of DSL & Lease Line Circuits and associated hardware.
- Diagnosing, Trouble-shooting and resolving IT issues on or before time in line with agreed SLA's via both remote Telephone support and on site.
- Checking & Monitoring client servers and backups and responding to flagged failures.
- Installing service packs and critical updates onto managed client servers in and out of hours.
- Delivery & Deployment of Microsoft Products (New Install's & Migrations)
- IT Systems & Network Auditing to assist the Technical Support Team & Sales Opportunity Identification.
- Domain Name Management, Transfers & DNS Control.
- Managing & Maintaining the Hosted Network & Systems Monitoring Application.
- Managing and resolving Broadband performance and failure issues.
Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- PSTN Telephone networks and WLR3 ordering, Broadband technologies and principles.
- Commercial working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016/SBS & Exchange 2003/2007/2010.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Office 365 product suites.
- Broad computer systems knowledge across all business sizes.
- Experienced and energetic seeker of solutions in cutting edge Information Technology.
- Good and personable communication skills.
- Good Networking Skills/Knowledge Routers & Switches (Cisco, HP, DrayTek, Zyxel, Netgear)
- Applications, AV Products (AVG & Trend), Windows OS, Microsoft Office
- Other skills that would be beneficial include knowledge of VOIP,
- Familiar with working from and with helpdesk CRM software ConnectWise or similar.
- Implementation & Management of eMail Filtering Systems (MessageLabs, Appriver, GFI, Sophos)
- IT Helpdesk Management and resource scheduling experience is desirable.
Wickford, Chelmsford, Basildon, Grays, Southend, Romford,
IT, Telco, Telecoms, Server, Desktop, Server, Repair, Helpdesk, Service desk, Technician, Engineer, Microsoft, Cisco
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959584577