Data Engineer - Consumer Analytics & Marketing
Sumner & Scott are looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our clients Data Engineering team, based in London.
The Data Engineering Team works within the Data Products department along side the Data Science, Data Consultancy and Data Analytics teams. The role of this team is to collect and prepare data to be used by other teams in the department and to productionise analytics and machine learning workflows. This involves working across multiple datasets (of varying scale and complexity), multiple teams and businesses to build appropriately styled, data-driven solutions to a commercial-product level.
This role focuses on collecting, parsing, managing and analysing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. The Data Engineer will decide on the needed infrastructure and software design needs of the department and provide recommendations for building solutions. The Data Engineer should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
Integration Specification & Design
• Work with the business to understand data-integration requirements including functional, non-functional, quality of service and product-support requirements
• Author Product or Solution documentation/presentations to demonstrate capabilities both to a technical audience and non-technical data community
¥ Delivery of high quality data solutions which address business needs and fully satisfy detailed requirements, user stories and test cases – both functional and non-functional
¥ Work closely with teams across the Group to design and implement robust and scalable Data Solutions based on industry best practices
¥ Ensure that Support Documentation is of high-quality and published to an internal knowledge-hub for accessibility by the required support personnel. Participate in documentation review of colleagues to ensure sufficient quality to adequately support clients, users and all other stakeholders
¥ Take an active role in maintaining product quality; this potentially includes support activities of a corrective nature
• Be an active member of the Data Products team, contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
• Be an active member of internal Business Intelligence and Analytics communities to contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
• Provide regular and accurate reports of progress to Technical leads and the Project lead where required.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders with a view to providing high-value solutions within the business whilst keeping communication channels open at all times
• Maintain strong technical awareness and familiarity with new and upcoming technologies around Data Integration and Business Intelligence Analysis. Be prepared to give a presentation or provide mentoring of any new technology or skills acquired in a collegiate environment
• Stay abreast of the industry and participate in external communities in order to keep up to date and offer the most informed position when defining or consulting on solution design
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Python, Pyspark, AWS and SQL
• Interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Deep exposure to data heavy workflows
Desirable Technical Skills
• Data Engineering: PySpark, Python, bash, Hive, SQL (preferably postgres and SQL Server), building and maintaining APIs, building and maintaining data lakes
• AWS: EC2, RDS, EMR, Kinesis, S3, CloudFormations, CloudWatch, Networking and Connectivity
We create an experience based on honesty, efficiency and integrity and having expertise within this niche means that we will give you realistic solutions to your recruitment needs.