£14,841 to £17,733 (Depending on Experience)
A nursery has been on campus for over 20 years. Their building was purpose built in 2009 to provide more childcare places exclusively to students and staff. With a capacity of 106 places for full day care, the nursery is available for children aged from three months to five years and is staffed by a team of experienced and professional childcare practitioners.
This purpose built facility has five child-centred rooms that lead directly onto the outdoor area. Each room is designed to be flexible to meet the needs of the children in which it provides care. The nursery operates as a free-flow nursery; this enables children to explore the nursery both inside and outdoors during a set free-flow time.
In the Nursery Nurse role, you will assist the Nursery Manager to ensure the efficient and effective running of all areas of the Nursery in accordance with high standards of customer service, Health and Safety requirements and Equal Opportunities. A fundamental aspect of the role is adherence to safeguarding good practice and ensuring the overall welfare of the children.
You will implement the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to help young children achieve their potential, also assisting the Nursery Manager in providing an atmosphere cohesive to overall child development and wellbeing. You will work as part of a team in caring for children in one (age-group) room.
Working hours: 35 hours, 4 days per week. 8am to 6pm with 1.25 hours break per day.
To be considered for the Nursery Nurse position, you will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in childcare is essential
- A good level of education
- An understanding of children’s development
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working in a childcare setting
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safeguarding practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- Ability to implement high health and safety standards
- A commitment to giving children and families the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Willingness to participate in further training and developmental opportunities to further knowledge
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Enhanced DBS clearance
Nursery Nurse Benefits
- 21 days annual leave which increases with service plus 6 ‘closure day’
- Free NUS card
If you feel you are suitable for the Nursery Nurse position please apply now.
Nursery Nurse, Nursery Practitioner, Child Care Assistant, Early Years Worker, Childcare.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77763601