Credit Controller FTC
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Credit Controller to join the team based in Watford. Joining on a full time 3 month contract basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,000 pro rata. The ideal candidate must be able to start the role immediately.
They are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence, and megastores in France.
Following the merger between 2 groups (Founder and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
This transformation is brought to life by their talented team at the Support Centre, Watford, which houses all departments working behind the scenes such as Property, Customer, IT, Transformation, Finance and Supply Chain.
The Credit Controller role
As part of a six person team, reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor within the Finance Department, and based in the support centre in Watford, this role is process orientated and will be responsible for:
- Timely management of cash collection, in line with agreed targets
- Building relationships with customers, stores and Commercial teams
- Ensuring that remittance advices are received to appropriately allocate sales receipts
- Ensure that debts are monitored and chased to minimise risk of non-collection
- Resolving and escalating where necessary old balance queries
- Assisting stores where necessary in resolving queries
The Credit Controller Candidate Profile and Experience
- At least one year’s credit control experience
- Good organisation skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Microsoft Office programmes
- Barclays Internet banking
Benefits the Credit Controller will receive
- Contributory pension
- 20% staff discount plus two friends and family.
- Free wine
- Free lunch provided each day
This role is a 3 months fixed term contract working 37.5 hrs Monday - Friday.
Please note that depending on business needs, this contract may be extended.
Please click apply now to upload your CV and covering letter (optional), highlighting your relevant experience and why you are the right candidate for the Credit Controller.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77741950