Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based Design, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Sales & Marketing operations. Total production in the UK alone is now over 9 million vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world’s most popular electric vehicle.
We are an ambitious organisation, and we are looking for an equally ambitious and innovative Aeroacoustics Engineer to join our dynamic Vehicle Performance Planning team. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
We are seeking an Engineer who will take responsibility for establishing objective targets based on the performance requirements of key attributes, generating roadmaps in order to deliver the targets, cascading detailed requirements to engineering design groups, managing and validating delivery of these targets using CFD and physical wind tunnel and track testing.
- To manage Aeroacoustics development on a range of vehicles, ensuring that targets are achieved in line with development schedules.
- To generate presentations, technical reports, progress meeting materials and to prepare key reporting documentation such as performance planning drawings.
- To plan and perform physical tests at wind tunnel facilities in Europe and on track in UK.
- To plan and post process CFD simulations, analyse data and to report recommendations based on the findings.
- To support styling feedback loops on new projects with design and engineering functions and to conduct/support benchmarking activities of competitor vehicles.
Background & Experience
- Be proactive and show initiative and resourcefulness to be able to operate with limited direction from the line manager.
- Good communication skills in order to successfully present to key persons at development milestone meetings and to help influence stakeholders during the performance planning process.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to network across a wide number of departments in various locations throughout Europe and Japan.
- Good project management skills, especially in relation to work planning and time management.
- Good problem solving and data analysis skills, including experience of using tools such as KT, FTA, FMEA, etc.
We’re looking for people who want to build a solid career with us. Nissan has invested heavily in the UK with the production of the new X-Trail, Qashqai and LEAF taking place in Sunderland so we are here to stay; and we’re hoping you will join us for the ride. We offer competitive salaries dependent on the experience you bring, and will pay you for any overtime you work over your contracted 39 hours per week.
What’s more, we think you’ll like working with us because of our valued culture. We pride ourselves on being a transparent, cross-cultural and competitive business; we want you to challenge the norm and contribute to improvement whether you’ve been here ten days or ten years, so apply now to join Nissan’s innovative Research & Development team!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77755132