Looking for a Section Engineer for an major rail infrastructure project.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:The job holder will work with our team of Rail Engineers, (Civil, P'way and Systems Specialists) to ensure engineering solutions on an individual project meet the stated requirements and applicable standards and are delivered to programme. This will include:
- Overseeing inputs of more junior staff to the planning, investigation, design, construction and post construction monitoring of geotechnical aspects of projects
- Managing projects and liaising with other project managers
- Tracking of project programmes and delivery dates
- Undertaking technical reviews and checking
- Liaising with contractors and clients, both external and internal
- Assistance to others with bidding (technical)
- Managing and co-ordinating structural and temporary works packages ensuring compliance with design, applicable standards, specifications and procedures
- Provide technical advice to project teams within area of expertise and contribute to successful system integration through involvement of relevant discipline engineers and other parties
- Following the engineering control processes, programme-level and project-level plans
- Monitoring works on site and contractors' performance against agreed inspection and test plans (ITPs) and facilitating the smooth inspection of works by appointed accredited engineers in line with the Inspection process.
- Ensuring Construction methodologies are to standard and design
- Making engineering judgements on site change requests and alternative design proposal
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77762972