£25 - £30K
Our client based in Portsmouth requires a Project Engineer, they would also consider a recent graduate.
Responsible for securing new business across different market sectors in order to achieve / exceed sale and profit targets set by the board.
To give strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the company achieves its mission and objectives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- All work to use current documentation as per our CHAS accreditation.
- Providing Variation Costs as required to meet Customer Deadlines.
- Ensure that all costs are detailed on estimate sheets, and written quotations are obtained from Suppliers etc.
- Keep central records of costing information and trends to assist in producing quotations.
- All job margins/and variations to contract are to be signed off by the Managing Director.
- Contact Customers to obtain any information to allow variations to be produced.
- Pursue value engineered solutions, alternative and innovative solutions to assist in improving project margins etc.
- Develop relationships with key customers.
- Delivering projects on time in full
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- As our client is a small company a flexible approach will be needed, and this may involve working with other teams or doing other tasks within the company.
- Project Management of Projects under your responsibility. This will be approximately £1,5 million in the current and could be 10-12 live projects. This will include meeting the Clients Programme so as to avoid any contractual issues, and ensure the Customer is completely satisfied with our performance.
- Resolve all technical and design matters required to satisfy the requirements of the project/contract.
- Procure all materials, services, installation fitters, deliveries, and other recourses to meet the Customer programme requirements.
- Ensure all design information, drawings etc is issued to meet the programme requirements of other trades and our Customer to avoid any disputes.
- Manage the project budget to ensure that final project margins exceed the point of order margins.
- Place all Sub-Contract and Supplier Purchase Orders which must be co-signed by the Managing Director.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the company health and safety requirements, and ensure that all paperwork is issued and received back on all contracts i.e. completion certificates.
- Ensure that all extras/variations to contacts are obtained and all necessary instruction/day works have costs agreed before carrying out any work where possible.
- Authorise payments to Suppliers and Sub Contractors
- Advise accounts department on invoices to be issues.
- All works to be filed electronically as per the existing procedures.
- All financial aspects of the project and purchasing to be done on the Accounts Software which is currently Inner Circles. All Purchase orders must be countersigned by the Managing Director prior to any commitment being given to the Supplier/Sub-Contractor.
- Visit projects on site and liaise with ALPS fitting teams, main contractors, M&E contractors to ensure effective delivery of projects.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of programmes as the contract dictates, on time and in full (OTIF)
- Maintaining a commercial view of the contract and upselling where possible and negotiating for margin improvement
- Value engineering wherever possible
- Effectively managing the sub-contractors at all times
- Ensuring the final account agreement is settled promptly
- Raising orders in a timely way to meet the programme, accurately and within budget and with authorization prior to placing the order
- Owning the customer relationship and responding to customer communications within 24 hours
- Prince2 qualification
- Full driving licence
- Strong project management skills
- Clear precise communication
- High organisational skill
- Highly Motivated
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77751140