A Business Services Senior Accountant role has arisen at a Leading Outsourcing Firm's head office, located in the Reading area. You must be confident with management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT and corporation tax.
A new and exciting role as a Senior Accountant has arisen at a Leading Outsourcing Firm. The role will be varied and will provide great exposure to clients in a specialised sector. The position will also allow the successful applicant to have ownership and accountability over a high profile portfolio of clients within the firm. This is a role which will allow you to work under your own initiative both in the office and on site at client's premises. This client requires a fully qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant with a UK accounts background. You must be confident with management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT and corporation tax.
- Our client is a well-established firm that has seen substantial growth over the last couple of years and see 2017 being a big year for the firm especially their business services department. They have a specialised portfolio of clients where they have established themselves as market leaders.
- This Reading Leading Outsourcing Firm pride themselves on working with both local and international businesses. They offer fantastic service to clients; being experienced, enthusiastic and effective.
- The clients in this team require services in management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT and corporation tax and often use the firm's staff as virtual financial controllers for their own businesses. These clients typically have turnovers between £20,000 and £5 million.
- Our client really believes in their staff and put a lot of energy into ensuring they feel rewarded and providing opportunity for career progression. They believe that with the right attitude and guidance, individuals can make a real contribution to the business and progress within the firm.
- They offer quarterly social events as well as half yearly socials such as attending the horse races and boating trips.
- Act as a point of contact for the clients on their day to day affairs, with supervision where necessary, and ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) or, depending on the individual job.
- Prepare management accounts which are as complete as possible
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Prepare year-end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items
- VAT returns and have an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules with a basic understanding of the principles of partial exemption and how this operates
- Liaise with tax, payroll and other departments for client matters
- Have an awareness and basic understanding of the disclosure requirements of Companies Act and how this affects how accounts are prepared and presented
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses authorisation, processing, and setting up for payment without supervision
- Be able to prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision
- Detailed review of accounting output of junior staff
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Respond to and deal with client queries
- Assist with the training of the more junior members of the team
- Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Must have previously worked in practice
- Previous exposure to management accounts and year-end accounts
- Good understanding of corporation tax
- Knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willing to get involved and help clients
- Ability to organise and motivate the team
- Ability to manage time effectively
£40,000 - £50,000 + Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life assurance, Shares