Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based Design, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Sales & Marketing operations. Total production in the UK alone is now over 9 million vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world’s most popular electric vehicle.
We are an ambitious organisation, and we are looking for an equally ambitious and innovative Interiors Engineer to join our dynamic Research & Development team. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
We are seeking an Engineer who will take responsibility for the development of automotive cockpit, console and interior plastic parts to meet cost, quality & delivery targets.
- Concept definition, layout & packaging, styling feedback.
- BOM management, cost management, component performance planning, component validation.
- Production preparation and quality achievement.
- Technical communication with project stakeholder, supplier and manufacturing.
- Performance, technology and cost benchmarking
- Interior performance planning for future vehicle interiors (Next Generation), and colour, gloss & grain management
Background & Experience:
- Must have demonstrable experience working in an OEM or tier 1 supplier for interior plastic parts development.
- Proven ability to deliver vehicle cabin system (i.e. doors, dashboard, and seating) project on time, on budget and quality.
You will have expert knowledge of current & future interior parts, supplier performance and technologies. You will have demonstrable data analysis experience and the ability to co-relate performance to customer satisfaction, and co-relate cost to normalized cost drivers. You will have experience of interior planning, layout and component design. A proactive mind-set is a must, and you must be able to work in a cross-functional and data driven environment.
We’re looking for people who want to build a solid career with us. Nissan has invested heavily in the UK with the production of the new X-Trail, Qashqai and LEAF taking place in Sunderland so we are here to stay; and we’re hoping you will join us for the ride. We offer competitive salaries dependent on the experience you bring, and will pay you for any overtime you work over your contracted 39 hours per week.
What’s more, we think you’ll like working with us because of our valued culture. We pride ourselves on being a transparent, cross-cultural and competitive business; we want you to challenge the norm and contribute to improvement whether you’ve been here ten days or ten years, so apply now to join Nissan’s innovative Research & Development team!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77755131