Technical Service Engineer (home based)
Technical Service Engineer
Home based (covering Reading / Guilford and Yorkshire)
£30,000k - £40,000k
Are you a Technical Service Engineer who is bored of your daily routine, have a passion for technology, guru in the automation sector, keen to enhance your skills, likes solving a problem and a people person full of energy?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Service Engineer to join a team of engineers who take great pride in their work and have a passion building upon long term relationships with customers. You will be continually challenged as you will be exposed to new technologies. You will receive constant support and guidance from senior management and your technical knowledge will be further enhanced through training and development.
- Technical Support. Remote support of customers via telephone and using remote support software to diagnose problems, identify user issues, monitor systems, and carry out configuration changes.
- Technical Sales Support. Support of the sales process providing Technical expertise and input as and when required.
- Project Management. Site surveying for suitability, liaising with customer and contractors, procurement, delivery and managing customers' expectations. This also includes liaising with and maintaining the relationships between our client and their nominated third party support groups.
- Field Service. Visiting sites to carry out planned preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance following a machine failure, installation of new equipment and installation of upgrades.
- Implementation/Training. Providing excellent user software and hardware application training post installation using a defined training programme to ensure the customer has the skills to maximise productivity.
- Cassette Lab. Providing a fast yet high quality turnaround for OnDemand customer's new cassette and recalibration needs via the local cassette lab.
- Spares Parts Management. The appropriate maintenance of in country spare parts. Including but limited to restocking from other offices after parts are used, stocking an appropriate level of spare parts for the machine installed base, stock taking as required by finance.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- The Responsibilities of the role are highly specialised to support the equipment yet extremely wide ranging and include many disciplines (listed below) and require a unique individual with specialised skill set.
- Electrical/Electronic. Experience with industrial and domestic wiring practice, ability to follow electrical and electronic schematics from multiple vendors in high and low voltage methodologies, fault finding down to component level.
- Experience with main components, control, installation and ability to follow schematics and problem solve.
- Ability to follow and understand mechanical drawings, where appropriate make suggestions for improvements/enhancements, use of hand tools and moving equipment for installation of large yet delicate machinery.
- Computer & IT Skills. Comprehensive understanding of all core Microsoft Products, Understanding of databases e.g. Oracle and how to query/change records within using SQL query/editing tools in order to configure equipment, knowledge of PC hardware architecture and component installation/replacement, networking installation and configuration, configuration of systems for remote support.
- Service Processes. Stock control, procurement of auxiliary equipment, technical report writing, understanding and application of relevant quality procedures and portable appliance testing.
- Health & Safety. Carry out risk assessments, identify health and safety issues with the ability to propose solutions, understanding and respect for current legislations.
- Relevant higher level qualification in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Prior relevant Field Service experience.
- Full UK Driving License
- Home Based
- Must understand basic verbal instructions.
- Speak clearly and listen (hearing).
- Stand, sit, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
In return for your commitment, you will enjoy a competitive remuneration package, contributory pension and life insurance. You will also benefit from professional training and development, with relevant support to achieve your career objective.
If this is role is of interest, please contact Emily Worthington on 01606 818 154 or click apply.
We operate an excellent refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself up to £1000 in vouchers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77760823