Software Developer Big Data Java Kafka Spark
Software Developer (Big Data Java Kafka Spark) London to £70k+
Software Developer / Senior Software Engineer (Java Kafka Spark Streaming MemSQL PaaS). Global leading Investment Management firm is seeking a highly talented Software Engineer with a strong knowledge of Big Data technologies. You’ll join an elite development team responsible for engineering the tools and services that bring unification and scale to the Asset Management division, providing solutions that cover Sales, Client Servicing, Research, Portfolio Management and Trading.
As a Software Developer you will be using Kafka, Spark Streaming and MemSQL to build a Big Data processing pipeline that is able to process millions of transactions in near real-time. There are several interesting and complex projects in the pipeline including creating Platform-As-A-Service offerings including Kafka Clusters, In-Memory Data Stores (Gemfire) and Virtualised Streaming Datasets.
Offices based in Central London with a professional, friendly environment and smart, casual dress code.
- Clear understanding of data structure algorithms and asymptotic analysis
- Familiarity with core Java programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools and Continuous Integration paradigms
- Degree educated, Computer Science preferred
- Desirable: experience developing and maintaining large scale, real-time, distributed systems; understanding of data structures (trees, hashmaps, queues, etc.); functional programming
As a Software Developer you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary (to £70k); plus bonus and benefits package.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2585 for a confidential discussion about this Software Developer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77744531