£30000 - £35000
The role applies to new product introduction & the on-going development of current production within the company.
The role is to convert information given in drawings and engineering specifications into a serial production processes that is capable and sustainable throughout product lifecycle. This includes creating production process equipment specifications, identifying production equipment suppliers, management of the installation and the successful implementation of production processes.
The role may / occasionally require liaisons with product component suppliers, these are predominately based in the UK, very few are in Mainland Europe and the rest of the world.
The company has 2 locations in Nottingham and is the principle location is Chase Park where the role is based.
The role reports to the Project Manager with functional input to the purchase and production departments.
- To implement new production processes for new products into the manufacturing system, including press tooling, assembly equipment and other production process equipment. To manage production equipment implementation from equipment specification for quotation to performing performance studies when commissioned.
- To lead the process engineering function for DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- To verify manufacturing capability regarding compliance to drawings, engineering specifications & manufacturing capacity.
- Fully understands engineering drawings & engineering specifications.
- To develop the company to ensure quality, cost and delivery requirements are understood and achieved throughout the new project introduction process from production concept into serial production.
- Implement corrective and preventative action for concerns within the new product introduction phases (including product suppliers).
- Undertakes continuous improvement to improve Quality, Cost & Delivery performance.
Experience / Skills / Personal Attributes
- First-hand knowledge / experience of implementing mechanical assembly techniques and processes
- First-hand knowledge / experience of implementing of metal forming pressing
- Experience in effective using Automotive sector core tools: - APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP & SPC.
- Proven problem-solving skills / quality tools (ideally 6 sigma trained)
- Self-starter works pro-actively with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills to build equipment supplier relationship
- Good written and oral communication
- Data driven decision making mindset
- Full driving licence
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77759959