Security Engineer – Secure Code
If working for an organisation who believe in development and training from day one and have some of the UK’s top 10% talent within their business, this could be where your next career move is heading. My client is a FTSE 100 company who have a fantastic technology centre where security bleeds through it’s business and is a high priority.
Right now they need to hire a Security Engineer who has previous experience working in a DevOps environment and building teams to deliver secure code in an automated way.
- Represent the Technology Security team and assist other engineering teams in adhering to secure design principles.
- Help teams deliver secure solutions using team and security skills and also displaying a flexible agile approach by embracing emerging technologies, all working together in a robust technical ecosystem.
- Work closely and collaboratively with engineering and product teams
- Be a problem solver using past engineering experience to create and deliver innovative solutions
- Provide hands on direction during the design and development of applications utilising a threat-based approach to support the business strategy.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the wider global Technology Security organisation and technology departments as well as the business to establish effective, productive relationships
- Execute threat modeling activities during agile iterations.
- Involved in and may lead incidents which occur on our systems with regards to technology security.
- Provide targeted application security requirements based on design, threats, industry best practices, and specific policy.
- Influence delivery teams in the prioritisation of security activities and issue remediation.
- Perform manual code reviews, open source software evaluations, and tests as needed.
- Drive adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team
- Share knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Champion continuous improvement within the department.
- Ideally one or more of the following certifications: Security+, CEH, SANS GIAC, SSCP, CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM.
- Ideally an ability to write small tools using one of Python, Ruby, Go, Perl, PHP etc
- Technical hands on exposure to the various security products within an Enterprise environment
In return my client is offering one of the best platforms to succeed within a security engineering and application security environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.