Apprenticeship Assessor - Leisure & Fitness
Location: Mobile between Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingam
Remuneration: £25,000 per annum
Serco Skills delivers a comprehensive range of skills, training and enterprise support programmes on behalf of local and central governments. Our capabilities include vocational training and development, in-work training for businesses, leadership development for the education sector, and programmes that target the specific needs of communities and the different growth needs of local businesses.
We are currently recruiting for a Apprenticeship Assessor – Leisure & Fitness to cover the area between Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a large, diverse organisation, during a period of extensive growth.
Assessors will deliver full Apprenticeship frameworks at level 2 & 3 including Functional Skills (Maths and English) to level 2, Tech Cert, ERR & PLTS, Leisure Services Frameworks. You will also:
- Manage of a caseload of learners to ensure timely achievements and progress of learners are conducted;
- Manage assessments for candidates, from assessment planning to making and recording assessment decisions as required by the awarding body;
- Ensure the validity, authenticity, currency, reliability and sufficiency of evidence produced by candidates meets the national standard;
- Maintain accurate and verifiable candidate assessment and achievement records as required by the awarding body;
- Deliver induction, use of e-portfolio database, including provision of information, advice and guidance and maintain accurate reports and documentation including use of e-portfolios;
- Complete and submit appropriate training documentation including Individual Learner Records (ILRs) for funding;
- Visit/observe learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications;
Skills and Experience:
As the successful Assessor you will excellent communication and customer care skills with the ability to give and receive constructive criticism. You will be well organised and be adept at managing your own time. In addition to this you will have;
- Experience of assessing vocational qualifications in one of the sector subject area - Leisure & Fitness
- Occupational experience in one of the sector subject areas listed above;
- Relevant occupational qualifications;
- Knowledge of the QCF frameworks;
- Knowledge / experience of apprenticeships;
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (preferred), A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent).
- PTLLS or DTLLS (or equivalent) (desirable)
If you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77735009