Maintenance Engineer - ex Navy
We are hiring Royal Navy mechanical or electrical technicians/engineers to join a leading manufacturing company who has invested over £100 million pounds in their Cardiff plant over the last 12 years. The company directly employ over 600 staff and several hundred sub-contractors in South Wales.
They offer excellent benefits such as a healthcare plan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme vouchers, life cover, pension contribution (5%) and 25-days holiday + 8 bank holidays. You will also benefit from a competency based pay structure which will give you the opportunity to increase your salary as your skills develop.
As the maintenance technician, you will work within a large maintenance engineering team playing a key role in keeping advanced production equipment running efficiently. You will have a voice in the maintenance team and your opinions and ideas will be valued. Responsibilities will include: -
- Repairing and maintaining production equipment.
- Responding to breakdowns to minimise disruptions to manufacturing.
- Implementing the plants' proactive maintenance programme.
- Maintaining detailed maintenance records using a maintenance management system.
- Supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Working in a safe manner, taking a proactive approach to health & safety.
To be a successful maintenance technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Electrical or mechanical engineering qualifications
- A background in mechanical or electrical maintenance with 'on ship' experience.
- Positive attitude with the desire to learn new engineering skills.
In return, the maintenance technician will receive a salary of £27,000 - £34,000 per annum, plus the benefits mentioned above. You will typically work a 4 on 4 off continental shift pattern.
INTERESTED? Please click the apply button to submit your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77752422