Based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, our client is an established and instantly recognisable brand who are looking for an intelligent, analytical and commercially focused Qualified CIMA/ACCA or Part Qualified/ Finalist Accountant to join the business as a Commercial Finance Analyst for an interim basis.
The candidate will be responsible for the collection and analysis of financial data to provide information to the business to forecast and analyse company expenditure in relation to sales and costs.
This company is a private equity backed corporate business with multiple sites across the UK and a clear plan to grow the business further over the next 5 years. The company is always looking to improve by employing forward thinking, commercial and analytical people to join them and cover different areas of the business.
Great communication skills are essential as are strong influencing and coaching skills. It is essential that the candidate is organised and highly analytical; they will need to be commercially astute and results driven.
Duties will include:
- Produce weekly Operating Cost variance analysis for Executive review and detailed functional variance analysis / site P&L's for review with the Operations teams
- Provide a clear understanding of the financial performance that provides management insight and supports decision making
- Work with the wider Operations Finance team to provide detailed functional variance analysis
- Support the production of key performance indicators and demonstrate how these fit with financial results
- Work with finance colleagues to improve processes, ensure data quality / consistency and enhance information produced for management
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- Support the financial planning activities for Operations:
- Work with the wider Operations Finance team to consolidate budgets and re-forecasts for Costs and Capex.
- Ensure budgets and forecasts are accurately reflected in the financial systems
- Support the development and ongoing production / analysis of regular rolling forecasts for both P&L and cash flow with clear explanations, supported and understood by management, for variances from Budget / forecast
For more information about this role or any other Finance Analyst jobs in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77734989