Service Desk Lead, Legal IT, Professional Services
Service Desk Lead, Professional Services, Legal IT, London
Service Desk Lead required to work for a Law Firm in Central London. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, hands-on technical Service Desk enthusiast who can also lead a small team. We are looking for someone from a Professional Services background who has worked in environments of circa 200-500 people and has exposure to lots of various technology! We definitely want someone who is capable of managing and inspiring a couple of people. Read on for more details?
As a key member of the IT team, lead the IT Service Desk to provide technical support to all members of the firm and work with colleagues to deliver a high-quality IT service.
The successful candidate will set an example to the other members of the IT Service Desk demonstrating the abilities to take ownership of issues raised by all business users, analyse and diagnose while maintaining good communications through the resolution process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors service desk function and collects performance data. Ensures that tracking and monitoring of performance is carried out, metrics and reports are analysed, and issues are resolved.
- Provides coaching and support to team members
- Provide 1st and 2nd line user support via telephone, remote connection and desk-side visits
- Identify the nature of technical problems and work with colleagues and external suppliers as required
- Maintain and monitor standards for the service management toolset of incidents, requests, problems and asset changes. Taking appropriate action to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner
- Resolving customer issues or escalating where necessary, aiming to achieve a high % first time fix and positive customer experience
- Set-up users, computers, mobile devices, other peripherals and access rights on the approved systems as directed and in accordance with agreed policies
- Controls IT assets, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out. Produces and analyses registers and histories of authorised assets and verifies that all these assets are in a known state and location. Acts to highlight and resolve potential instances of unauthorised assets such as unlicensed copies of software.
- Proactively look for ways to improve customer processes or support operations
- Ensures regular contributes to creation of support documentation by the team, recognises and notifies management of any incorrect or incomplete processes
- Any other ad hoc projects as required
- Strong experience working in a similar role, preferably within the legal sector, with a similar team size
- Possess proven customer service experience and stakeholder management with excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits strong team leading, problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to extract relevant information quickly and effectively
- Organised and process driven, yet pragmatic, with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at any one time
- ITIL 2011 foundation certificate
- Deep experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and the use of document management systems
- Should have:
- Further professional qualifications (ITIL, Prince II, COBIT, TOGAF, ISO27001, ISO9001)
- Familiarity with risk management, audit and IT governance
- Microsoft or other technical certification
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959598146