IT Helpdesk Technician/Engineer
IT Help Desk Technician/Engineer - Office based
(Depending on Experience)
+ Performance bonus of up to £1,600.00 per annum
+ Overtime available to boost earnings further
5 minutes from M1 Junction 34 and on a public transport route
Our client is one of South Yorkshire?s leading IT and telecoms solutions companies with a fantastic reputation for delivering an exemplary service to organisations large and small. They are experiencing continual growth and as a result are expanding their team yet again and need two professional and motivated IT technicians to supply office based support to a variety of end users.
The role is office based and predominately 1st line initially however you will take calls for 2nd and 3rd line issues as well and if you?re able to resolve these issues yourself without escalating the calls then our client is happy for you to do so - full training will be given throughout your employment and a structured, individual progression plan will be put in place for you. The idea is to continuously develop you and this is why this role will be best suited to someone with a long-term vision of career development; you will be working with a very supportive and down to earth management team.
- Ø Be the initial point of contact for end-users logging support calls.
- Ø To Interface with end-users by telephone, e-mail and remote control software.
- Ø Provide excellent service to end- users and set expectations based on agreed processes.
- Ø To manage all service requests to agreed resolution times.
- Ø To ?own? end user issues through to resolution and recognise when to escalate.
- Ø Keep Helpdesk software updated with developments at all times.
- Ø Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8 & 10).
- Ø Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 and above & any exposure to Office 365 is a distinct advantage.
- Ø Basic knowledge of network technology including LAN?s & WAN?s, Firewalls & switches.
- Ø Ability to carry out network / PC software & Hardware diagnostics verbally and / or remotely.
- Ø Knowledge of Windows Server Environments and Active Directory including Windows 2008 / 2012 Server would be advantageous.
- Ø Knowledge and experience of Helpdesk software.
- Ø 12 months experience in similar role.
- Westfield Healthcare and Contributory Pension Scheme
- Modern offices, with shower and kitchen facilities
- 40 hours per week working between 8:00 am ? 5:30 pm (flexible start time)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959592179