Job Title: Junior Merchandiser
Do you have experience as a senior AM, JM or Merchandiser within a high street retail environment? Do you have commercially aware with strong trading focus to maximised sales and profit whilst minimising markdown and cost of reduction? Do you have a good attention to detail? Do you have proven experience managing people? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people and company.
- Report weekly stock, sales, margin analysis across the company, manage changes in stock/product mix to maximise sales/profit.
- Using WSSI control overall stock commitment and OTB across the company and give an accurate forward view of key metrics.
- With the Exec and Finance setting the budgeted sales, stock and margin targets/phasing for the financial year. Where applicable make insightful and accurate re forecasts as the year trades.
- Make reactive and proactive trading decisions on ranging, pricing and deal mechanics.
- Maximise sales/margin opportunities through ranging and OTB management.
- Look after all products across our stores and direct channel to ensure right stock, right place, and right time.
- Lead the space planning initiatives around optimum options per linear and the category level planogram schedule.
- Ensure built ranges are commercial, fit the pricing architecture and give powerful brand representation.
- With buyer ensure category team's work to the critical path and give direction with range review/sign off on and accurate pre-season planning.
- Manage cross functional links with the Warehouse/Logistics teams, Retail & Finance.
- With the Buying function develop the Category level strategy to deliver the sales, stock and margin targets for the company.
- To develop feedback channels from stores and other internal departments.
The purpose of your role:
As a key and leading role within the Merchandising team you need to ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time. Working alongside the Buying team, you will analyse
previous sales trends to successfully forecast what we need to buy, how much of it and when it needs to hit stores to maximise profit and minimise markdown.
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff.
- Reviewing the performance of staff and identifying training needs.
- Assign and direct work, appraise performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
You are an ambassador and role model for our brand; from the way you present yourself to the knowledge you have of our brand and the enthusiasm and motivation that drives everything you do.
Those ad hoc duties: As with all roles, you may at times be required to carry out ad
hoc duties; whether that is to support another team member, to take on additional
responsibilities or to get involved in project work that may impact not only on your department but also the wider business.
- Experience as a senior AM, JM or Merchandiser within high street retail environment.
- Commercially aware with strong trading focus to maximise sales and profit whilst minimising markdown and cost of reduction.
- Highly numerate and analytical, proficient in excel and great attention to detail.
- Proven experience managing people.
- Good communication and excellent team player with a 'make it happen' attitude, not afraid to get involved in the many facets of the business.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst working proactively and managing own workload.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision and TargIT would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of cycle industry/products an advantage.
ACS are recruiting for a Junior Merchandiser If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Junior Merchandiser please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Junior Merchandiser It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Junior Merchandiser with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Junior Merchandiser role you desire.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77762234