Service Desk Engineer (London)
A BIT ABOUT ALLSAINTS AND THE TEAM:
Founded in 1994, AllSaints has built an international team that includes some of the best global creative talent, imbued with a winning combination of business and design thinking.
The brand?s constant obsession is to deliver an immersive experience to our international customer base in a way that embraces each unique culture. AllSaints is proud of the fact that every aspect of the brand is curated in-house, from store design and construction to the East London based coding team, making AllSaints a truly agile business working with pace and integrity.
We recruit the best digital creative innovators and design thinkers across the globe to spread the AllSaints message of integrity and sophistication. Our People are the ambassadors for our brand.
We look for individuality, confidence and attitude when we recruit, we seek people who disrupt the norm, push boundaries and are collaborative in their approach. They act with honesty and humility and treat those around them with respect. Our people are able to bring others with them and are the best in what they do.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?:
The IT Operations Department has been in place since 2007 and has grown along with the business as a whole. The team?s mission is to provide excellent service and support to end users both in our Retail Outlets and Office locations. Beyond this we scope and design the tools that they use, ensuring that what we offer is what they need. We treat AllSaints as our customer and consideration to the impact of the IT systems we provide is paramount in our mindsets.
Reporting directly to the IT Service Desk Manager, the role has a particular focus on supporting the AllSaints Head Office in London and remote EPOS global support to the Retail stores. This is a hands-on role that is responsible for excellent customer service to the circa 300 head office users of AllSaints and 160 Retail stores globally.
The role will be based at the London office but may require travel to retail locations and other offices Globally on occasions. The role will work closely with Infrastructure teams as well as other IT Functions. You will be required to support users face-to-face and via telephone using tools such as VNC/RDP etc.
We don?t use third parties who will pass on the issues ? we do it all ourselves. Excellent knowledge of POS hardware, PC?s and MS operating systems is vital for you to survive. You?ll be ordering replacement equipment when needed direct from vendors, ensuring that it arrives as planned and then talking store staff through the transition. You?ll arrange the return of faulty kit and ensure it is fixed so it can go back into circulation to serve another day.
- Working with the IT Service Desk Manager, E-commerce and Development teams to ensure all environments (logistics, corporate and remote access) are operational at all times. This includes ensuring that all areas are updated to approved patching/fixes.
- It is expected that fixes and requirements of the end users will be dealt with in accordance of predefined KPIs and SLA.
- You will be responsible for monitoring core network and alerting Infrastructure teams to any incidents.
- Working with Head of IT Operations, other department heads as well as other staff members/3rd parties in the event of an IT incident occurring. This includes responding to alerts both system and security related and carrying out remedial actions as directed and documented in appropriate incident response procedures and via communication with other Global IT locations.
- Ensuring data integrity is maintained
- You will be expected to have good crisis management skills and able to manage IT Incidents when necessary to ensure resolution and that stakeholders are kept notified of details and progress throughout.
- You will have an understanding of PCI DSS principles and working practices
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?:
- Microsoft Windows versions 7 and 8
- Apple OSX installation, configuration and troubleshooting within an AD environment
- Google corporate mail and associated administration tools
- Active Directory user and group administration
- Mobile Telephony (IOS and Android)
- Audio Visual and video conference technologies and hardware
- Anti-virus installation and centralised deployment/management tools
- Remote/Secure access & VPN solutions (particularly Juniper)
- WAN/LAN Technologies
- Structured Cabling
- Apple Devices including Airport, Apple TV
- VOIP telecommunications hardware and administration
- Systems Monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix, PRTG)
- Service Desk call logging software (e.g. Zendesk)
- WiFi Technologies (specifically Meraki)
- Desktop Imaging
- Detail and task oriented individual.
- Quick minded and strong communication skills.
- An enthusiastic & self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Engaging and able to quickly generate confidence in key relationships
- Ability to work well both individually and within a team
- Flexible working due to business needs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959584707