IT Service Desk Apprentice
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are proud of the opportunity that working together provides for our people and if you are looking for an open, supportive and positive organisation then check out our job openings now!
Last year Richmond and Wandsworth Councils established the single largest staffing structure in London Local Government and created a unique opportunity to work for two outstanding Councils representing two great boroughs.
We have created an environment where our people make changes, shape new ideas and develop their skills and careers while improving outcomes for their communities.
- Our Service Desk is at the heart of our operation and you will play a vital role in ensuring we meet our customer's expectations.
- You will be providing excellent customer service to Council employees by answering their support calls and assisting them with all their IT related issues, requests and queries.
- Additionally, you will configure tablets and Blackberries for Council staff, participate in team meetings and be provided with on the job training, as well as having the opportunity to take professional qualifications such as ITILv3 foundation course.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with people of all technical abilities.
- Educated in IT related subject or equivalent gained through specific relevant experience
- Willing to learn
- Attention to detail
- Effective team work
- Able to remain calm under pressure
Good working knowledge of:
- Fundamentals of Windows operating systems
- Basic PC and peripherals hardware knowledge
- Microsoft Office and Internet applications
- Email clients e.g.: Outlook
- Network Clients e.g.: Microsoft
- Experience of PC hardware, operating systems and applications software
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Number of benefits available, to be discussed on interview.
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959592039