Field Service Engineer - Key Accounts
To provide timely response, fault diagnosis and fault resolution in line with the terms of key customers preventative maintenance and fully comprehensive service contracts. To install, service and repair Oxford Instruments NanoScience products in line with current safe working practices achieving customer satisfaction against ordered specification..
- Service provision within allocated timescale as stated in the terms of customer service contracts
- Work to minimise key customer system down time
- Service visit planning: Ensuring equipment, parts and facilities are available at customer’s site to allow efficient service and repair work.
- Pre-installation/service visit preparation: Ensure you fully understand performance criteria, achieved factory test results, mode of operation
- Service reports: Accurate and timely reports ensuring confirmation of specifications met, work carried out and where appropriate accurate and concise documentation of any quality defects.
- Site risk assessments: Ensure prior to commencing work on a customer site a risk assessment is carried out and recorded
- Customer communication: Ensure customers fully understand the scope of the installation/service and provide timely updates to any potential changes
- Customer Training: Ensure customer understands full operation of system.
- Timely and accurate completion of expenses adhering to company policy.
- Act as ambassador for the company enhancing customer satisfaction minimising risk and cost.
- Help desk support: responding to customer incidents reported by the customer as well as remote resolution support.
- The role requires extensive travel within (but not limited to) the EMEAI regions. Typically travel is required Monday to Friday with occasional weekend working when needed. The role is expected to be 75% travel, 25% office based technical support.
Indicative Performance Measures
- Understands and adheres to all aspects of preventative maintenance and fully comprehensive service contracts ?
- Successfully manages personal workload meeting all milestones
- Maintains a flexible attitude to changing priorities and requirements
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Recognises the importance of customer focus and successfully identifies internal and external customers
- Maintains up to date work processes and successfully proposes changes when necessary
- Supports and maintains Continuous Improvement & Quality
- Supports and maintains Health and Safety adherence
Person Specification – Essential requirements unless stated
Education / Qualifications:
- Educated in a relevant engineering/science discipline. Higher level degree (Masters, PhD) considered an advantage.
- Preferably you will have held a similar role in a similar environment manufacturing, testing or servicing complex instrumentation systems.
- You will have an understanding of cryo-magnetic systems, vacuum, safe handling of cryogens and an understanding of closed circuit compressed gas refrigerating systems. Ideally you will have experience in superconducting magnets, power supply and temperature control instrumentation, and ultra-low temperature systems.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Able to record and present technical data on system performances.
- Able to diagnose complex system failures and propose effective solutions
- Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures and will actively seek to ensure safe working environment.
- English speaking essential and other European language skills desirable
- Valid driver’s licence required
- Communication - Effective communication with all members of the team
- Teamwork - Works well as part of a team and provides support to others when necessary
- Cultural Awareness - Aware that other cultures have different interaction styles and respond positively
- Emotional Intelligence - Desire to improve self professionally
- Engagement - Is committed, flexible and has a positive attitude to work
- Decision Making - Able to analyse a situation and know when a decision is required
- Innovation - Is creative and proactive
- Customer and Markets - Customer focussed
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77734610